What is Genetic Engineering and What Does It Mean?
Genetic engineering is the modification of natural foods. This process is also known as genetic modification, GMOs, GMO farming.
- GMO = Genetically Modified Organism (food),
- GE: Genetically Engineered Food.
Genetic engineering food involves inserting a bacterium or virus into the targeted plant with a new protein that the scientists (chemical companies like Monsanto, Bayer, Syngenta, Dow, Dupont) want inserted into the plant, this is how they “modify” the plant. The process sometimes also involves inserting pesticide into the seed so that when the plant grows the insecticide will be spread throughout the plant. This process is supposed to protect the plant from the insects, plus allow the plant while growing to withstand heavy application of pesticides needed to combat other unwanted pests or plants.
Through the unnatural proteins present in the “modified” plant as well as the toxic pesticides used to grow GMOS, these foods cause a heap of unwanted health effects.
Some of the health effects associated with GMOs include:
- Stomach and digestive problems (Some GMO toxins are designed to break open insects’ stomachs. Additionally GMO proteins and pesticides can remain and continue replicating in the digestive organs long after the food is gone)
- Liver problems
- Tumors, Cancer
- GMO pesticides chelate minerals. Minerals are needed in exact proportions in order for our bodies to function their best. Without even one mineral like magnesium, over 300 bodily functions cannot operate properly. Manganese is another that becomes chelated by glyphosate in Monsanto’s Roundup; manganese is essential for mitochondria. Without it, mitochondria in cells cannot function. If mitochondria isn’t working properly, the body can’t produce the energy it needs.
- Reproductive problems, infertility, spontaneous abortion (Read Dr. Huber’s comments here)
- Animals fed GMO-feed suffer from several diseases. See article here.
Food and Other Crops “modified” into GMO Crops:
- Sugar Beets
- Milk and Dairy products (Cows injected with GMO rBGH)
- Sweet Peppers
Factory Farmed Animals and Fish Fed GMOs: (Any foods provided by these animals will contain GMOs as well as steroids, artificial hormones, and antibiotic residues)
- Cows (beef, milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt)
- Pigs (bacon, ham, pork)
- Chicken (eggs, chicken)
To protect yourself from diseases caused by GMOs, do these things daily:
- Avoid GMOs if you can. Eat organic vegetables and fruits and meat, eggs, and dairy from farms that utilize natural organic methods.
- Take full spectrum mineral supplements. I highly recommend Dr. Wallach’s Youngevity brand, it’s organic and nonGMO. The BTT is my daily. Shop here.
- Drink organic herbal teas to help cleanse GMO toxins from your body. Shop here
- Take a probiotic to provide your stomach with good bacteria. Your stomach needs them to fight the bad bacteria and pesticides ingested with GMOs. Probiotics include kombucha and yogurt, it also comes in powder and capsule supplement form. Other fermented foods that provide probiotic benefits include sauerkraut, kefir, and kimchi.
Have questions or want help? Call (312) 768-8228 www.hippocrateas.com